Communications Assistant (16 Hours Per Week)
The CAE inspires, supports, and promotes employment and entrepreneurship for ethnically diverse people. Based in South Wales, we are the only organisation in the UK that has developed solutions to support members from diverse ethnic communities who wish to find jobs or set up and grow their businesses.
Our organisation is in an exciting period of growth. We are currently in the process of setting up a new Community Enterprise Hub in the heart of Swansea, which will be a central meeting place for the different communities, reflecting the amazing diversity of our city.
We are looking for a Communications Assistant to support the implementation of our communications strategy in the wider organisation and in relation to the Hub.
Start: February 2022
● Create storytelling content for YouTube and develop strategies for channel growth.
● Support in overseeing the production of ‘The 411 Podcast’ and the management of the hosts and speakers.
● Supporting in writing podcast material and providing feedback on the further development of scripts.
● Track website analytics and create reports detailing successes and failures of communications campaigns.
● Ensure that all communications and marketing material aligns with brand standards.
● Work with other team members to conceptualise and implement communications strategies and campaigns
● Support line manager in responding to media inquiries and performing media outreach to achieve brand
placement in publications.
● Adhere to established escalation protocols for the timely management of communication crises, should they
● Remain up to date and skilled with the use of common design and publishing software/apps such as Adobe
Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Canva.
● Develop, write, and edit marketing and communications materials, including press releases, blog posts and
social media content.
● Remain up to date with communications, public relations and marketing best practices.
● Strategically identifying ways to improve communication efforts and take initiative even with minimal
● Creating, uploading, and editing forms and other communication material on the organisation’s website
● Liaising with other organisations, in consultation with line manager, to help publicise and promote the work
of The CAE.
● Any additional reasonably assigned duties.
This list is not exhaustive, and the role may change to meet the nature of the business and services.
We are looking for individuals skilled in the following areas:
● Self-motivated and a self- starter with the ability to use own initiative
● Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible
● Organisational skills
● Analytical skills
● Well-developed interpersonal skills
● Numeracy skills
● Communication skills
● Team Working skills
● Ability to motivate people
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. It is in your interest that you are clear in your application about how you meet the essential criteria with clear examples where possible.
If you would like to chat before applying, please contact Kim - firstname.lastname@example.org